Last Modified: June 10, 2012
2. U.S. Governing Law; Safe Harbor.
3. Collection and Use of Personal Information and Other Information.
When we use the term "Personal Information" we mean information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you, such as your full name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number. When we use the term “Other Information”, we mean any information other than Personal Information that may be collected about you (Personal Information and Other Information, together, the “Information”).
a. Information We Collect that You Provide Us.
i. User Registration. To the extent you wish to register and submit an application through the Site, you are required to register with the Site by providing an email address and password.
ii. Application Information. To submit an application to a specific position through the Site, you are required to provide additional Personal Information, including, without limitation, full name, postal address, telephone number, whether you are authorized to work in the United States and current or recent employment information. Additional Personal Information and Other Information may be requested during the application process (but may not be required).
By visiting the Site, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that you are giving us your consent to track your use of the Site through these Tracking Technologies.
c. Use of Information.
• Processing your registration with the Site, such as verifying that your e-mail address is active and valid,
• Allowing you to submit applications for career opportunities through the Site,
• Contacting you regarding any applications you may have submitted through the Site,
• Saving your password or other Personal Information, so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site,
• Otherwise to maintain and administer the Site and
• For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information.
4. Opting-Out of Certain Uses of Information Collected by Tracking Technologies Set By the Site.
With respect to the Tracking Technologies set by the Site, you have a number of options:
• You can choose to delete most Tracking Technologies (other than Flash cookies) through the “Internet Options” sub-option of the “Tools” menu option of your browser or otherwise as directed by your browser’s support feature. (See the “help” section of your browser for more information and see below for more information on removing Flash cookies.)
• You can choose to disable or turn most Tracking Technologies off (other than Flash cookies). Additional information on disabling or turning most Tracking Technologies off may be available through your browser’s support feature. (See the “help” section of your browser for more information and see below for more information on removing Flash cookies.)
• You can choose to have the Device you use to access the Site warn you each time a cookie or most other Tracking Technologies is being set (other than Flash cookies), or you can choose to turn off such warnings. This is done through your browser on the Device you use to access the Site. Additional information on warnings and removal of warnings may be available through your browser’s support feature.
5. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information and Other Information.
a. Disclosure to Operational Service Providers. We have the right to disclose your Personal Information and Other Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and processing applications submitted through the Site. We will refer to these third parties as “Operational Service Providers”. We use Operational Service Providers to efficiently provide certain services and we disclose your Information to Operational Service Providers for the purpose of providing services to us. Operational Service Providers may include, but are not limited to, third party data management service providers engaged by Viacom to collect and manage your employment application and consumer reporting agencies engaged by Viacom to conduct employment verification services in connection with your employment application.
b. Disclosure to Certain Other Third Parties. In addition to the above, we will make your Personal Information and Other Information available to certain third parties in the following limited circumstances:
i. When we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process) or if requested by a governmental agency or other authority as part of an investigation;
iv. In the event of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, sale, transfer of control, joint venture or other business combination or corporate change involving us, or our Affiliates.
6. Reviewing, Updating or Deleting Certain Information.
Generally, you may review or update certain Information collected by the Site, if you are a registered user of the Site and logged into the Site, by clicking “Edit Application”.
To delete all records of your Personal Information from the Site, please send a request by email to the Privacy Administrator at Privacy.HR@viacom.com or by postal mail to 1515 Broadway (ATTN: ViacomCareers.com Privacy Administrator), New York, NY 10036.
If the burden or expense of providing access to your Information is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy or if the legitimate rights of others would be violated, we may decide not to provide access to such Information. In such cases, we will provide to you an explanation of why access cannot be provided and contact information for further inquiries.
7. Protection of Information.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Information. However, regardless of our efforts and the Device you use to access the Site, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or otherwise access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We also limit access to the Site by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our Operational Service Providers follow similar standards of security and confidentiality.
Phishing. Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers’ personal identity data and financial account credentials. “Phishers” use ‘spoofed’ e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords and social security numbers. WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM CREDIT CARD NUMBERS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such email communication, please forward it immediately to the Site’s Privacy Administrator at Privacy.HR@viacom.com, and then immediately delete the fraudulent email from your computer.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your password, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not Viacom, are solely responsible and liable for the activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site under your password (whether used by you or any others who use your password), unless and until you notify us that your password may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party. We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user, including without limitation, a registered user, of any services, features or functions of the Site if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access the user’s account or any services, features or functions.
Copyright © 2012 Viacom Inc. - All Rights Reserved.